Which are the Top 10 PS2 Games. Ranking List of the Best Seller PS2 Games.
Best Selling PS2 Games
- Real time battle system that incorporates innovative new elements with traditional RPG gameplay
- Meet other Disney characters from films like Aladdin, Tarzan, Hercules & Alice In Wonderland
- Disney characters act like their film personas : Peter Pan flies, Tarzan climbs and King Triton swims, among others
- Cameo appearances by Final Fantasy characters : Meet Selphie (FF VIII), Tidus & Wakka (FF X) and others
- Integrated voiceovers, with actual voices of Disney characters
- Pac-Man - The most popular arcade game of all time
- Ms. Pac-Man - Explore, collect, and chomp your way through different mazes as Pac-Man's female counterpart
- Galaga - Fend off frantic swarms of bee-like aliens, while avoiding enemies' powerful tractor beams
- Dig Dug - Tunnel your way underground and use your pump to blow up attacking enemies
- Galaxian - Destroy flying aliens as they move in from formation to attack you
- Toy Box Mode Key Features -
- Open world, non-linear game play.
- Complete missions to earn rewards, including gold and new customizations.
- Purchase new toys from the toy catalogue to change and introduce new ways to play.
- Customize and add new buildings, then change how they look with paint options, textures, accessories, landscaping and tons of other fun modifications.
- Explore both new and familiar worlds from Kingdom Hearts, plus new Disney worlds to the Kingdom Hearts franchise, such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Beauty and the Beast and Mulan
- A more advanced battle system that allows for a wider range of commands, powerful new combos, and cooperative attacks with members of your party, introducing another layer of strategy
- All-new Drive command that lets Sora change into a variety of new forms, altering his skills and abilities
- A revamped camera system that keeps you in the middle of the action
- New transportation system that takes Sora and friends from world to world in the style of theme park rides
- Work your way up the ladder as you acquire driving licenses, racing to earn money
- Buy and sell cars, upgrade parts and compete in various championships
- New technology blends real-time action with a photo-fixed background immerses players in New York City, the Grand Canyon and other environments
- Robust online racing mode with up to 6 other players -- interact and chat with other players in the community
- Get access to more than 500 authentic automobiles from across the world, from vintage to modern vehicles
- Drive through the largest GTA environment ever -- The game has three cities players can explore, for a gaming area 5 times larger than Vice City
- Recruit new characters into a street gang and take over by leading drive-by shootings against rivals
- Steal all-new vehicles, including bicycles
- Improved fighting elements -- smoother hand-to-hand combat, plus the ability to hold a weapon in each hand
- New graphics elements as cars get dirty and even rust, the longer you drive them
- Each story has a new setting with a mysterious villain created specifically for the game. Collect clues and try to solve the mystery.
- 3D action platforming fun featuring four all-new mysteries across 20+ levels; explore the Phantom Cruise Ship, Haunted High School, Foreboding Castle and more.
- Switch between characters or play with friends at any time using two player co-op with easy drop-in, drop-out gameplay.
- With access to a variety of spooky disguises, players can camouflage themselves in super-powerful costumes with new abilities unique to each character.
- Become part of the Mystery, Inc. team and solve their first cases with hours of entertainment in Story or Explore mode.
- It fetaures all-new graphics and perspectives, and an incredibly wide city for you to explore
- Work your way up in the syndicate with over 80 gangland misions to choose from
- Work your way up in the gang and fight for a position of power
- Follow a story of deadly revenge as you steal cars and make incredible getaways
- All those cars are just waiting to be stolen -- steal parked cars, or take out the drivers with fists, bats, Uzis and more
- Play as Batman, Robin or more than 12 dastardly villains, all in their quirky LEGO form
- Master special superhero power-suits and the new moves that come with them, while building and using gadgets and weapons unique for each of the characters
- Build and take control of favorite vehicles like the LEGO Batmobile, LEGO Batboat and LEGO Batwing
- Customize your characters, build and transform the game environment, and challenge yourself with multi-layered collectibles and rewards
- English (Publication Language)
- Point-to-Point Baja style racing takes center stage as full motion videos move the story of your rookie rider progressing through the professional ranks
- 3 new offroad racing vehicles including MX Bikes, Buggies and Trophy Trucks along with the classic ATVs
- Select a rider, select a vehicle then compete in various races, challenges and championships while earning prestige in Story Mode
- 72 distinct tracks from 8 different styles including point to point, supercross, freestyle, rallycross, dirt circuits, hybrid nationals, head to head and hill climb
- New Track editor offers racers the ability to make the straight-aways longer, the cornerstighter, the berms slicker and the jumps bigger
Which is the PS2 best seller game of all time
These are the top 5.
- GTA San Andres
- GTA Vice City
- Gran Turismo 3
- GTA III
- Gran Turismo 4
The Best PS2 Game list ranking
I know that for tastes the colors and that I will leave many that must, on their own merits, be included in this list. But that’s what the comments are for, so I encourage you to share with the rest of the VidaExtra family the title of those games that you will remember over time and that will forever be linked to the image of PS2.
10. ‘Tenchu 3: The wrath of heaven’.
A controversial title that was expected a lot at the time and that failed to please the patina of fans that drag the adventures of Rikimaru, Ayame and the evil Onikage. On the other hand, many others enjoyed the adventures of the ninja and we could begin to glimpse what PS2 would do in graphic matters. The multiplayer option and the cooperative game deserve a special tribute. We were in 2003 and they were not as popular as they are now.
9. ‘Onimusha 3: Demon Siege’
When we saw that one of the protas was the very descendant of Spaniards, Jean Reno, we knew that this game was going to be great. He arrived without making much noise but quickly started running like gunpowder. A brutal visual aspect for the time, some animations worthy of reward and the face of the only French actor who eats the wasabi with two cheeks. What more could you ask for? Well, a story at the same level, and I had it.
Remember that for a long time we talked about the great 3D introduction that gave rise to the game. Do you remember her? Seems like yesterday.
8. ‘Final Fantasy X’
The first ‘Final Fantasy’ of the newly released Sony console. It was hours and hours that got that damn tipejo hooked like a surfer. A graphic section that eclipsed almost all the titles of the time and, in short, a real game that gave rise to one of the most delectable na Spin-offs ’in the history of the z Spin-offs’ delectable. But of that, he was not to blame.
7. ‘Devil May Cry’.
It was the revolution of the moment. The game that showed that this was a new generation of consoles and that PSX was worth the same as a can of beans next to it. ‘Devil May Cry’ introduced us to Dante, to the whole world of demons that has defined the saga and laid the foundations of what an action game could be. It was the first PS2 game for many, including me, and even starred in advertising campaigns on public transport and that, at least in these parts and at that time, was something very rare.
6.- ‘God of War II’
It seemed impossible and they succeeded. One of the last to reach the useful life of PS2 but who was in charge of reminding us all of the wonders that can be done with it. Incredible graphics that made us doubt whether it was our old black console or had passed to the competition, a gameplay inherited entirely from his previous adventure and the promise of being much more beast and violent. The final fight against Zeus gives rise to what was achieved.
5. ‘Metal Gear Solid III’
Kojima could not leave us with the bitter taste that the second part of his most famous saga left us. So a full-fledged prequel that told the story of Snake’s “Father” was taken out of his sleeve. Visually a true prodigy that would soon be overcome, recovering the essence of the mythical Gear Metal Gear Solid ’of PSX and empowering it with the power of PS2. A game that must be in the window of every fan of games.
4.- ‘Kingdom Hearts’
We were told that Square was preparing a video game that was going to mix Disney characters with their peculiar iconology. We looked surprised that this savage came to work, it was impossible that these two separate worlds could live in harmony. And how wrong we were. ‘Kingdom Hearts’ came straight to our little heart, recovering old Disney movie classics and updating them in a very smart way. The adventures of Sora, Mikey, Donald, Goofie and the keyblade have got their own place in the videogame iconology, and well it is.
3. ‘God of War’
If Star Wars had to take PS2, it would certainly be ‘God of War’. Such a display of special effects and camera tricks on the console was not remembered. A story that, despite not very original, managed to keep us hooked while Kratos, the great hero of the PS2 story dismembered those who dared to get in his way. A very intelligent use of mythology, a hero with charisma, fancy graphics and a reliable control system. The result?. A perfect potato omelette that does not lack an ingredient. Maybe it’s not haute cuisine, but … who rejects a good piece of potato omelette?
2. ‘Pro Evolution Soccer 6’
Shingo conquered our hearts with the sixth part of his popular ‘PES’. Then he broke it into a thousand pieces, but that’s another story. The fact is that the games with friends to this version of the simulator, were especially fun. Endless pikes, games that lasted for hours and always the feeling of being able to win in the next game. It had a magic that current football games seem to have lost, the perfect mix between simulation and arcade … in short, the best simulator of the King sport for PS2.
1. ‘Shadow of the Colossus’.
Fumito Ueda, the Japanese genius. If someone had told us that riding for hours through a desert landscape to face only 10 enemies was a fun thing, we would not have believed it. But yes, it was. ‘Shadow of the Colossus’ is poetry in motion, from its music, its design, its art direction… everything was prepared for our hearts to receive it with open arms and, in many cases, it succeeded.
A modern classic that defines what video games should be. A true work of art.
Many of you will have other ideas about it and as I read your comments, remembering games that I have left, I will think that you are right and that there were too many to make a simple list. I have not touched all genres since it is a personal list and not all genres I like equally, so I encourage you to know your tastes.
What PS2 games marked or highlighted in such a list? Open fire gentlemen, that PlayStation 2 has little rope and tributes are better to do in life.
Last update on 2020-07-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API